Mike Baldwin, along with his wife and partner Gabriella, is the Executive Chef at Testa Barra and J.Baldwin’s.
Some of Mike’s landmark successes include:
- Led the opening of the newest restaurant concept, Testa Barra as executive co-chef in 2017, with a farm-to-table, modern Italian inspired menu.
- Appeared on Food Network with his family, where they won their episode of Valerie Bertinelli’s Family Food Showdown.
- Launched the Skate or Pie brand, with multiple highly successful, sold-out pop-up restaurants.
- Graduated from the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY, one of the most prestigious institutes in America. Graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Culinary Science, Hospitality. He is a second-generation graduate of the CIA, in succession of his father, Jeff Baldwin.
- As part of his externship at the CIA, studied in Italy and focused on regional, rustic farm fed dishes by local sourcing with authentic aged organic ingredients that he brings to the Testa Barra brand.
- While attending the CIA, worked at the Signature Room in the John Hancock Building in Chicago as part of his internship and education training. Worked in New York City and Greenwich, Connecticut doing high profile events.
- At the age of 12, he was on Fox 2 news and stole the show!